If your router has been setup with Remote Access via OpenVPN and you have been provided with User Credentials by your Network Administrator, here are the steps for configuring a Windows 10 PC.
Macintosh Users can find instructions here: https://openvpn.net/client-connect-vpn-for-mac-os/
- Go to this page to download the latest OpenVPN client for Windows: https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/ (Note: The vast majority of Users will want the Windows 64-bit MSI Installer. Download the ARM64 MIS Installer if you have a Surface Pro device.)
- Run through the Setup Wizard and click Finish
- Run the OpenVPN GUI desktop application from the Desktop or Start Menu
- Right-click on OpenVPN icon in the Status Tray and select Import > Import File...
- Select the .ovpn file that was provided to you by your Network Administrator and click Open
- Right-click on the OpenVPN icon in the Status Tray again and select Connect
- An OpenVPN opens showing the connection process. When asked, enter the username and password that was provided to you.