|If you found this page via Google search or similar, welcome but please note that this is a third-party service that we offer for our PureEdge VOIP customers. The information found here may not be applicable to you and we advise contacting your provider if you need further assistance. If you would like further information about the services provided by PureEdge Technologies, visit us at www.pureedgetechnologies.com|
The Hosted Fax feature allows you send and receive faxes using any email client.
How to Send a Fax
- Compose an email to 1<phone-number>@faxhd.com
Example: To send a fax to (347) 329-1266, the email address would be email@example.com
- Attach the document that you would like faxed to the email. PDF and TIFF files work best, but DOC, TXT and RTF can also be sent.
- When the email is received by the Fax System, you will receive a QUEUED SUCCESSFULLY email that indicates that the fax is ready to be sent.
- When the fax is complete, you will receive a SUCCESS email.
- Up to five e-mail addresses can be authorized to send faxes from a given phone number
- An email address can only be assigned to send through one phone number
- Watch your Spam Filter for the Confirmation emails
- The system does not generate a Fax Cover Sheet. A Fax Header is added to each page that shows the Caller ID Number, Caller ID Name (CSID) and Timestamp information.
How Faxes are Received
- Faxes sent to your fax number are received as either a PDF or a TIFF, depending on system settings.
- Only one email address can be assigned to receive faxes.
Modify Hosted Fax settings
- Log into the Corenexa Web Client
- Open Automation Manager
- Navigate to Services > Phone Numbers > Hosted Fax
- Click on the Phone Number that you wish to edit
- Fax Caller ID = Caller ID Name to be attached to the Fax Header
- Timezone = Assignment used for Fax Headers and Email Confirmations
- Email Faxes to = Email address that will receive faxes sent to this phone number
- Only one email address can be assigned
- Address can be a private email, shared email or Distribution List. Speak with your Mail Administrator for the best method for your organization.
- Fax Image Format = The file format used for Received Faxes can be either PDF or TIFF.
- Email Faxes From = Up to five email addresses can be authorized to send faxes. Contact PureEdge Support if you need to increase the number of Sender Email Addresses on your account.
- Click Save after making changes
- Wait five or more minutes and go back into the Hosted Fax settings to confirm that the changes were processed. The current status can be found at the bottom of the page:
- Update Pending = The system is still processing your changes
- Update Failed = There was an error in communication with the backend service. Please hit Save again to resubmit
- Last Updated = Confirms that the change was successful.
Please sign in to leave a comment.