The ClickConnex MS Outlook Plugin is an installable plug-in (or Add-in) that provides users of Outlook 2010 and 2013 with integration to the PureEdge portal. Features include:
- Click-to-Dial for Outlook contacts
- Screen popups for incoming calls
- Call Logging
If your account has been enabled to use the Outlook Plugin, you will need to download it from the PureEdge portal and install it on your PC.
Note: If using ClickConnex on a laptop or PC that goes into hibernate, you will need to restart Outlook after waking up the computer in order for ClickConnex to re-establish a connection with the server.
Installing Microsoft Outlook Plugin
- Log into the PureEdge portal
- Click the Microsoft Outlook Plugin icon
- The App Detail screen displays. Click the Download button
- Once the file has finished downloading, navigate to the file's download folder and locate it
Hint: the file will have a .msi file extension
- Double click the file to install it. The ClickConnex Setup box appears.
- In the ClickConnex Setup box, click the Next button twice to confirm installation.
Once the Plug-in has finished installing, you will receive an "Installation Complete" message
- Click the Close button in the Setup box
Configuring Microsoft Outlook Plugin
- Launch Outlook
A Customization Installer box will prompt you for permission to install the plug-in
- Click the Install button in the Installer box
You should now see "ClickConnex" among the Outlook ribbons
- Click on the ClickConnex tab
The ClickConnex ribbon will now be visible
- In the ClickConnex ribbon, click the Settings button
The Settings box appears
- Enter the login credentials you use to access the PureEdge portal
- In the Log Name As field, click the dropdown list and choose which information to display for all incoming calls:
- Caller ID
- Outlook Contacts
- Check the Incoming Popup Screen check box to enable screen pops (optional)
- Click the Save button in the Settings box