Speed Dial = Dials Outside Number or Extension
BLF (Busy Lamp Field) = Dials Extension. Shows status of Extension (e.g. Busy, Ringing, Idle)
Speed Dials are programmed locally on the phone by using the Contact Directory. The Favorite Index field in the Contact is used to determine if an entry shows as a Speed Dial as well as the order of Speed Dial buttons on the phone.
Add a Contact to the Contact Directory
- Navigate to Directories > Contact Directory.
- In the Contact Directory, select Add
- From the Add Contact screen, enter your contact's information in the available fields.
- You are required to only enter a number in the Contact field when adding a new contact to the directory. You can choose to enter additionally information.
- First and Last Name—The name of your contact
- Contact—Your contact's phone number
- Job Title—Your contact's position
- Favorite Index—An index number that displays in your Favorites list
- Label—A label or title for your contact
- Select Save.
Contacts that you add as Favorites display on the Home screen on the Lines screen and in the Favorites list on all VVX phones. Favorites are sorted by using the Favorite Index number.
- Navigate to Directories > Contact Directory
- From your Contact Directory, select a contact
- Select Info and then select Edit
- Enter a unique number in the Favorites Index field
- You can enter a number up to 99 for VVX 101 and 201 phones or 9999 for all other VVX phones
BLF's are programmed through the PureEdge portal. After making button assignments in the portal, wait five minutes and reboot your phone in order to retrieve the updated configuration settings.
- Log into the PureEdge portal
- Navigate to Services > Endpoints
- Search and find the phone that you wish to modify. It is sometimes easiest to search by the phone's MAC address
- Select the button you wish to modify or click Plus icon at the bottom of the list to add an additional button
- In the first dropdown box, select Extension BLF
- In the second dropdown box, select the Extension you wish to monitor
- In the third field, enter the label that will show on your phone
- Click Save